Beautiful and Terrible Things
I am now writing on a book on this subject. The working title is “Beautiful and Terrible Things: A Biblical Theology of Suffering and Grace.“
In the spring of 2015 I was invited by the Graduation Christian Fellowship and Chesterton House of Cornell University to lecture on suffering. Below, collected on one page for convenience, are the links to several posts of the lecture. The audio of the lecture can now be found at the bottom of this page as well.
- A Biblical Theology of Suffering – Part 1
- A Biblical Theology of Suffering – Part 2
- A Biblical Theology of Suffering – Part 3
- A Biblical Theology of Suffering – Some Conclusions
During Lent 2017 I offered a class at St. Bartholomew’s, Nashville on the subject. The 5-part audio can be found on their site.
- “Suffering and Grace” a sermon preached at Orchard Hill Church (audio and video)
- God’s “Will” or “Plan”?
- Mardi Gras: Lean into Lent
- Living in Holy Week
- Survive – Living Beyond Adversity
- Reflecting on Suffering (post-Katrina)
- Lenten Discipline: “Endure trials for the sake of discipline” (from Lent, 2008)