The book is complete and off to the publisher to be put into proofs. The title is The Proselyte and the Prophet: Character Development in Targum Ruth and you can now pre-order it at Brill’s site.
My next book project is on Targum Ruth. As I begin to work my way through the text and issues I will post material here. You can navigate to my translation and images of the Solger manuscript using the links in the drop down menu above. The oldest known MS is Valmadonna 1 and my transcription and translation are based upon that MS.
- “Eschatological Lists in the Targumim to the Megillot” is a paper I presented at IOTS in Slovenia 2007. The article has since appeared in Journal for the Study of Judaism, Volume 40, Numbers 4-5, 2009 , pp. 493-509(17). You may download it here: Brady_JSJ40.
- “The Conversion of Ruth in Targum Ruth” in Review of Rabbinic Judaism, Volume 16, Issue 2, 2013, pp. 133–146 (14). You may download it here: RRJ_016_02_133-146
Solger MS Images
Images of TgRuth from the Solger MS are available here.
- Transcription of Valmadonna No. 1
- Exegetical Commentary
- Targumic Ruth
- Practically Perfect Proselyte
- The Last Deed is Better than the First
- Mother of the Messiah
- Targumic Boaz
- Ibzan the Righteous
- Boaz the Pious
- Rabbinic Exemplar
This is more for curiosity’s sake than anything else, but creating a word cloud via Wordle offers an interesting visual look at the content (in English) of TgRuth.