Passing along this opportunity.
Florentino García Martínez Research Master Scholarship for Hebrew Bible, early Judaism and the Dead Sea Scrolls, established by Jan Overmeer
The Qumran Institute of the Faculty of Theology and Religious Studies (University of Groningen) is delighted to present the Florentino García Martínez Research Master Scholarship for excellent students. The scholarship is specifically for students in the fields of Hebrew Bible, early Judaism and Dead Sea Scrolls.
The scholarship is € 1,000 and is meant to cover some of the expenses connected with the two-year Research Master programme at the Faculty’s Graduate School.
Awards are made on academic merit, evaluated by an academic committee. Outstanding students who wish to apply must submit:
– a letter of motivation for enrolling in the Research Master specifically for the fields of Hebrew Bible, early Judaism or Dead Sea Scrolls
– the list of marks for their BA
– a writing sample (essay, thesis) from their BA
– two letters of recommendation
– a plan for how to spend the scholarship (e.g. tuition assistance, books, conference visit, etc.)
The Qumran Institute welcomes applications for the Florentino García Martínez Research Master Scholarship. The deadline for submission is 15 May 2013. Applications for the scholarship should be submitted to the secretary of the Qumran Institute, Ms. Willeke van de Pol: firstname.lastname@example.org
Further enquiries should be addressed to the Director of the Qumran Institute, Prof. Dr. Mladen Popović: email@example.com
3 thoughts on “University of Groningen Scholarship”