I am sure most of you going to SBL received the update email regarding the conference. I was pleased to see this note about SBL’s efforts to make the conference more technologically convenient.
Technology at the Meeting
Our Mobile Meeting Guide will debut in November. You will be recieving an email with instructions. The mobile app will contain:
- the entire event program, including both SBL and AAR program units and special sessions
- exhibitor information, including an interactive Exhibit Hall map and
- maps of conference hotels.
Attendees will have the ability to create and customize their own schedule, make notes about sessions, and share information and schedules with colleagues via built-in social networking. The solution features an intuitive offline program that is native to Android, Blackberry, iPhone, iPad, and iPod Touch devices. This means there is no waiting for schedule downloads or web pages to load and no dealing with slow or non-existent Wi-Fi connections. Schedule changes are downloaded in the background, allowing attendees immediate access to event information. A similar web-based solution will be accessible via computer.
Exhibitor Locator Kiosks
- Trying to find the publisher of a book you’d like to buy? Use the locator kiosks in the front of the Exhibit Hall to search by title, author, or subject matter.
- If your search results include a book or product that is available through one of our exhibitors, the booth will be highlighted on the Exhibit Hall floor plan.
Free Wi-Fi and Cyber Café
- Enjoy free Wi-Fi in the Exhibit Hall and lobby areas of Moscone Center West.
- Check your email or use the Mobile Meeting Guide at the computers provided in the Cyber Café