I am not sure how many of you noticed but at the top of the page you can click on “Polls Archive” to see what the poll results were. Most of the polls are still open but you have to go to the specific blog entry to be able to vote once it is no longer the most recent in the sidebar to the left.
I thought I would bring you all up to date on a few polls. The most recent, as of this writing, is still “Would Jesus vote?” This has now crept up to an even 11 Yes and 11 No.
In terms of contemporary scholarship, we had this poll regarding Prof. Vermes:
- No. He is an excellent scholar, but there are so many other outstanding scholars in the field it would be too much to declare him “the greatest.” (100%, 25 Votes)
- Yes, how can there be any doubt? (0%, 0 Votes)
I am not surprised, but I do find this a very interesting result. (Or maybe it is just that everyone who voted agreed with me.)
The last two polls I want to point out are focused firmly upon religious views. The first is regarding Christianity and the second, which has received an incredible 398 votes due to its subject, is asking whether or not Scientology is a religion.
- Belief in the substance of the Nicene and Apostle’s creeds. (48%, 19 Votes)
- The Bible. (35%, 14 Votes)
- The Sermon on the Mount. (8%, 3 Votes)
- Love one another. (8%, 3 Votes)
- Worshipping together as a community. (3%, 1 Votes)
Total Voters: 40
- a cult. (85%, 339 Votes)
- a practical joke. (15%, 58 Votes)
- a religion. (0%, 1 Votes)
Total Voters: 39
You can still vote, just click on the links provided above or the “Poll” tag in the left sidebar to see all polls to date. Any suggestions a new poll? Just let me know!