Don’t ask me how I got to this (since I will tell you: from reading this comic) but I thought this was interesting. Turns out James Lipton of Inside the Actors Studio asks this series of questions. From Wiki:
While most of the show is a one-on-one interview conducted by Lipton, this is followed by the host submitting a questionnaire to the guest. The questionnaire concept was originated by French television personality Bernard Pivot, after the Proust Questionnaire. The ten questions Lipton asks are:
- What is your favorite word?
- What is your least favorite word?
- What turns you on?
- What turns you off?
- What sound or noise do you love?
- What sound or noise do you hate?
- What is your favorite curse word?
- What profession other than your own would you like to attempt?
- What profession would you not like to do?
- If Heaven exists, what would you like to hear God say when you arrive at the Pearly Gates?
By the way, do you see how honest I am? I could have simply gone to the Proust Questionnaire and made you all think, “Wow, he is smart!” But the fact is I t’ain’t. Remember, I stumbled on this from a comic. Still, I think it is an interesting list, don’t you?
So I will give it a try. I am not going to tag anyone with this, but all are free to pick it up while they are procrastinating on their SBL paper, studying for midterms, or grading papers.
- “you?” Because it is usually preceded by “You wouldn’t mind, would you?”
- My wife
- Solo electric guitar, old school rock or jazz type.
- Frass, as in “rassanfrassin”
- Mystery writer
- “Well done good and faithful servant.” Cliché? Perhaps, but that is all I desire.